Admissions decisions are made by the Graduate Admissions Committee (GAC) after reviewing the entire application package which includes:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic performance (official transcript)
- Research experience
- Three (or more) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (describing research interests)
- Optional: General GRE scores
- Optional: Physics GRE score
All the above are usually required for the application to be complete. In exceptional circumstances some of these requirements may be waived. Please contact the Director of Graduate Studies for any further information.
Applications must be submitted online through the graduate school web site and, in order to receive full consideration, should be submitted on or before the application due date of December 10 of each year for the following year's Fall admission. Late applications are typically accepted until January 1.