TNT speakers are reimbursed for their travel expenses, these usually include:
- Airfare to/from Raleigh-Durham Intl. airport (only domestic and Canada)
- Transfers to/from the airport (both at origin and at RDU)
- Meal expenses
Please fill out reimbursement form (attached below) and provide the following documentation:
- All receipts for your expenses: your private/home mailing address (Duke will not mail reimbursement checks to institutional addresses) and your email address in case of follow-up questions.
- Airline ticket (need original)
- Boarding passes, if possible
- Hotel (if not direct billed to the University)
- Any other travel receipts (e.g. car rental, gas, taxi or parking)
- Make sure to include actual meal receipts! (Duke does not pay a domestic per diem rate)
- Your private/home mailing address (Duke will not mail reimbursement checks to institutional addresses) and your email address in case of follow-up questions.
- US Citizens and permanent residents:
- Your SSN
- Foreign nationals (B1/B2 WB/WT, H1B and J1 visa): For B1/B2 WB/WT, H1 and J1:
- A copy of your passport main page
- Copies of the visa page
- I-94 Form
- For B2and WT status, a filled out declaration form is also required.
- For J1 status, a copy of the DS 2019
- For F1 status, a copy of the I-20 form and a letter from your sponsoring institution, listed on I-20, that you are in good standing with the institution.
- In case of lost/missing receipts, you will need to provide additional information and fill out the following forms (note that you will be taxed 5.75%.)
- If your host has arranged for you to be paid a honorarium instead of reimbursement for itemized expenses, you will not have to provide any receipts, however, you will need to provide the following in addition to all of the documentation listed above:
- For J1 visa: copy of DS-2019 form, Letter/email of approval to pay from your Sponsoring Institution, listed on the DS2019 form.
- Duke Certificate of Foreign Status
- IRS Form 8233 (attached below), if eligible for tax treaty (without tax treaty or US Taxpayer ID Number), you will be taxed 34%)
- Mail all forms, copies, receipts and address information to:
Department of Physics Duke University
P. O. Box 90305
Durham, NC 27708-0305